Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Back From a Blogging Vacation

WoW! It has been a long time since I have blogged. So much has happened in this short time and I hope that I won't forget anything...

I guess the biggest news since I last blogged is that WE ARE MOVING!!! During the last week of November/ first week of December, we will be moving into a house on the lake!!!! I am really excited about this for a few reasons: we are going to be living right next to my in laws (like 5 feet away...). I am just so happy that Cayden is going to grow up being so close to his grandparents, especially Papa 2 (thats what we call matt?!) because its going to be an adventure EVERY DAY!!! And the other reason I am excited is that this is a dream come true for my husband.

I will admit when he came to me with the idea to move I was totally against it. I LOVE my house now. I didn't want to stay here forever, but he basically told me on a thursday that he was thinking about moving, put a roof on our house that saturday, and by the next friday our offer had been accepted for the house on the lake. Because this was such a hasty decision, we made sure to pray ALOT about it! I just prayed, "Lord if this is not the right thing for us to do, PLEASE close all of the doors!!" But he didn't!

I will just tell you a little about the new house... when you walk in you feel like you have stepped back in time to the 1960s... the lady living there has been there for 45 years, and I don't think the decor has changed since then!!! BUT... its in perfect condition ~~ that is clean and everything. But let me tell you... IVE GOT PLANS FOR THE PLACE!!!!!!!!!!! So, once we get in I will take before and after pictures so you can follow me on this journey. I am pretty excited because if any of you know my husband and his family THEY CAN DO ANYTHING!!!!!! You should have seen the house I am in now when we first bought it --can we say D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G!!!! And now its going to be so hard for me to leave it... especially Cayden's nursery that we worked so hard on!!! :'( It will be a bittersweet departure!!! For now we are renting our house so if you know anyone that is looking to rent for $1000/month + utilities let me know!!! If you want to see pictures you can go here :)

Well thats the biggest news... other than that alot of things have been happening within a group of friends from church which I am so encouraged by. I have a friend who has been trying to get pregnant for over a year. She began some infertility treatments back in august, but so far the 2 she has had done have not taken. So the other night a bunch of girls were at my house, and I suggested taking a day to pray and fast over her and the situation. We do know that God wants to give us the desires of our hearts!!!! So we decided to pick on day this week and yesterday was that day. At the end of the day we all got together for a prayer meeting... it was so awesome to be able to get together with a group of about 10 girls to make our requests known!! We should find out in a about a week if this 3rd treatment took... so if you remember her, please PRAY! We do understand that God's timing is perfect timing, and he is ultimately in control, but it hurts to see a friend with such a longing!!!!!!!!!!!

Soon I am going to dress Cayden in his costume and take him to a party at my work. NOW I know how a lot of people feel about Halloween, and to be honest, I completely understand. Growing up I was never allowed to really participate in Halloween, although we did go to some "harvest" parties and handed out candy from home. I always did feel sort of left out when everyone else was having so much fun getting dressed up, but my parents always did something like give us some candy so we weren't too depressed. Through talking with my husband and a lot of girlfriends about the issue, we came to the decision to allow Cayden to dress up... never in anything scary of course, but he's going to be a Tiger this year (mostly for me to take pictures and stuff because he will be so darn cute!!!)... What do you think about Halloween? No matter how you approach it I am sure I would agree with most people. A friend of mine did point out the fact that it is a great opportunity to minister to your community by, as a church, hosting an alternative event like "Trunk or Treat" where families pull up and hand out candy out of the trunk of their cars... even having a theme so noone comes with an outrageous costume!!! I just hate to see the devil have so much power in a holiday.... so its great to see when people can turn it around and use it to glorify God!!!

Alright I am sure you have read enough!! So I will leave it at that!! Missed you all, and I should be back sooner than later!!!

Until next post,


2 comments:

Jessica said...

Congrats on the new house! I can't wait to see pictures of it as you work on it...I'm sure it will be so cute cause your house now is! I buy costumes for my girls too and get their pictures taken in them. I just love costumes! This year they were Little Bo Peep and a sheep! I will let Jenna dress up and help me pass out candy and tracts to all the trick or treaters on Halloween!

Jenna said...

I can't wait to see pictures of your new house. :) Suzi told me about it! That's great!
I almost bought Brooke a costume, but never ended up doing it. Maybe when she's alittle older. :)

Cayden's 1st Birthday Ticker!!!

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker